Welcome to Big Church—The one where we are All-In!
At BIG Church today we will be looking at the story of Lydia and Paul. This can be found in Acts chapter 16 v 6-15.
We will be thinking about the need to STOP to listen to God, to WAIT upon the Lord and to GO wherever He might lead us, even if that is not within our comfort zone!
As ever, we ask that you fill up the church from the front and prepare to leave the service cheerful, challenged and changed.
The Wave Café
A great range of refreshments, home made cakes and meals are available during the week from 9am until 3pm.
Annual General Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting takes place in the next few weeks. As well as our report of the outgoing year and in keeping with our constitution, elections will be held at the AGM against the vacancies on the diaconate. Our constitution allows for up to 9 deacons to be in position, each serving a term of three years. This year there are five vacancies arising. Nominations for vacant positions are requested from the membership and need to be this the Church Secretary before 8th March 2018. The proposal must be supported by two church members. For more information, please see Paul Stender, Church Secretary.
Please note that the meeting will not now be taking place on Thursday 22nd March 2018. A new date will be announced in a future newsletter.
Our Regular Events
- Our Sunday worship is held here at 10:30am
- 1st Sunday of the month—Big Church, where we are ‘All-in’ 3rd Sunday of the month Communion
- 3rd Sunday—One Mission Cards, supporting our mission giving.
- Creche and our ‘Powerbase’ kids groups meet each Sunday
- Senior Moments 2:30pm 2nd Sunday of the month A time to socialise and enjoy high tea.
- Prayer Meetings: Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings
- Home groups are held on various evenings during the week
- Time to Paint: Wednesdays 1.45pm—4pm including crafts on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Mexican Train Dominoes Wednesdays 10:30–12:00
For the latest events please check out the website Events Calendar for more details!
Ahead of our AGM we will be compiling our annual report. This provides the opportunity for us to reflect and record the many activities that go on in our fellowship during the year. We’d encourage as many people as possible to contribute, a brief note of appreciation would be great and only needs to be a line or two. Please submit these to Lauren by 15th March. Time is ticking, so please get writing!!!
The small print!