Jenny, Jason & Ted lead our service this morning.
Initially we will be all together and then our younger worshipers are invited to attend one of the various ‘Powerbase’ groups. Please do stay if you can for refreshments after the service, for which there is no charge. Our welcome team are also available to assist should you have any questions.
A Mother’s Day Prayer Lord, we remember the mothers who have gone before us.
For their love, sacrifice, struggle and joy, we thank you.
Lord, we remember the mothers of Scripture who are part of our story as we are a part of your story.
For their courage, faith, love and fierceness, we thank you.
Lord, we remember those who have not given birth to us, but are mothers to us.
For their gift of themselves that they have given, we thank you.
For the women who struggle with fertility, for those women whom society labels as less in their childlessness, for those women who have lost children; for their tears, for their strength, for their wisdom, for their lives, we thank you.
Written by Claire Schoepp
Annual General Meeting
With the news of Jason & Stuart’s funeral we felt it was an inappropriate time to hold our AGM, so please note the revised date is now Tuesday 27th March, 7pm in the church. Our topics for this meeting are:
- Reflections from 2017, our report and comments from Jason.
- The impact of GDPR (Data Protection changes).
- Election of Deacons. Our forward diary.
This year our deaconate has five vacancies. During our AGM we will undertake a vote amongst members to fill these positions. The nominations for these positions are:
- Lois Ford
- Barbara Seale
- Paul Stender
- Ted Jackson Linda Ford
- Lauren Rycroft
- Ros Russell
In line with our constitution the election will be via secret ballot at the AGM. Full details of the process will be posted on the notice board at the back of church and in the newssheet in the coming weeks. In the meantime please do pray for those nominated ahead of the AGM.
If you have any queries, please see Paul Stender, Church Secretary.
Time to Craft
Crafting you enjoy crafting, but would like some company and an opportunity to share your ideas? This Wednesday our Time to Paint session has the chance for craft as well. Bring along your project and join with others in the Hall. Please see Angela for more details.
Our Regular Events
- Our Sunday worship is held here at 10:30am
- 1st Sunday of the month—Big Church, where we are ‘All-in’ 3rd Sunday of the month Communion
- 3rd Sunday—One Mission Cards, supporting our mission giving.
- Creche and our ‘Powerbase’ kids groups meet each Sunday
- Senior Moments 2:30pm 2nd Sunday of the month A time to socialise and enjoy high tea.
- Prayer Meetings: Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings
- Home groups are held on various evenings during the week
- Time to Paint: Wednesdays 1.45pm—4pm including crafts on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Mexican Train Dominoes Wednesdays 10:30–12:00
LAST AGM Reflections
Lauren is busily compiling our annual report. It would be good to have as many contributions as possible, so please do drop her a few lines to share encouragement of our life together as BBC. She needs your contributions by March to ensure she can get everything together, so please get writing.