Whether this is your first visit, or you feel like you are part of the furniture, we pray you find a fresh welcome as we gather for worship.
We meet each Sunday to bring our prayers, praise and worship, to explore God’s word and to join in fellowship with God’s family.
During July Jason will be leading our services helped by many from the fellowship week by week. At our services on 8th & 22nd, our youngsters are invited to join one of the ‘Powerbase’ series of groups after the first part of our service together. Our service on the 1st hosts our ‘All-in’ service , our fellowship meets at camp and at church on 15t for communion and we welcome David and Claire-Lise Judkins along for our special 5th Sunday service on 29th of the month.
After our service, there is always time for fellowship over a cup of tea or coffee, so please do take the opportunity to say hello and find out more about our life together as a fellowship.
It was great to hear from BMS World Mission partners Matt and Julia in June. We now look forward to David and Claire-Lise Judkins visiting us on July 29th to share about their work in France. A big thank you to David and Linda’s homegroup the OneMission coffee morning and ploughman’s lunch. Please look out for more news from our mission partners on the information table at the back of the church.
Our homegroups are small midweek gatherings in people’s homes, where there is opportunity to explore issues about our beliefs and support each other as we live out our faith. There is a variety of formats, as unique as the people who attend. This month the various meetings are:
- Linda Rockall’s group: 4th & 18th
- Ted & Sherrie’s group: 4th & 18th (social)
- Lauren’s group: 5th & 26St (social) Joy’s group: 3rd & 17th
- Youth group: 3rd & 17th
- Jason’s group: 5th & 2nd Aug
- Paul & Sue’s group: 10th July (ladies social)
Our regular Powerbase groups take a break in August. Instead we’ll be running sessions with all children in together. It’s an opportunity for the regular Powerbase leaders to have a bit of time off so any volunteers that don’t normally help out but don’t mind lending a hand are most welcome (it’s only once a year, go on!) If you want to volunteer speak to Jenny G or Chris B
This year’s camp at Coldwaltham is over the weekend 13th to 15th July. The theme this year is ‘Holy Spirit’. Those signed up should now have received an email from El with details and costs etc. so please make sure you pay! If you have any queries then please do check in with El, who can help or point you in the right direction.
Our Regular Events
- Our Sunday worship is held here at 10:30am
- 1st Sunday of the month—Big Church, where we are ‘All-in’ 3rd Sunday of the month Communion
- Creche and our ‘Powerbase’ youngsters groups meet each Sunday Senior Moments 2:30pm 2nd Sunday of the month A time to socialise and enjoy high tea.
- Prayer Meetings: Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings
- Home groups see note opposite
- Time to Paint: Wednesdays 1.45pm—4pm
- Mexican Train Dominoes Wednesdays 10:30–12:00
Our wonderful café runs as part of the Wave Centre here at church. With it’s great mixture of volunteers and staff it’s able to provide good value meals and refreshments for those in our local community. Open weekdays 9am—3pm.
For the latest events please check out the website Events Calendar for more details!